Friday, December 5, 2008

Just the beginning of troubles......





So.....Fiji really isn't all that it is cracked up to be!! Or maybe we shouldn't be such trusting people. So the night we did the Bula dancing we also did the Kava ceremony with the isalnders. (so gross!) Anyway, that night we layed out on the lay out chairs and star gazed! It was so beautiful! We counted at least 30 falling stars, and you could see all of the milky way! We decided to go back to our room at about 1:30 in the morning because we were so tired but when we got there our door was open and the door to the other side was unlocked. I have never been so scared in my life. We came to realize that there were people on the other side holding and banging on the door! We ran out of our room like bats out of hell screaming. We had Queen come check out our room and when he got there all the doors were open so he checked everything out and assured us that all was well. That was the longest night of my life. We all were in the same bed scared to death. I don't think we actually slept until the sun started to rise. The next morning we went up to the pink house to buy water and I realized that I was missing money. We went down to the breakfast table and figured out that I had $50 FJ and $50 AUD missing. I was not a happy camper. We told the hosts but really what were they going to do about it? So that was awful and definitely put a damper on our spirits. I was just glad that money was all that was taken.

No comments: